Interventional Radiology Gold Coast
Our solutions advance the art of minimally invasive procedures for patients needing interventional procedures or biopsies. We are committed to seeking ever more precise, accurate and efficient tools in order to decide, guide, treat and confirm the right therapy for the right patient at the point of care. The aim is to improve lives while providing personalised treatments.
What is Interventional Radiology?
Interventional radiology is an area of modern radiology using minimally invasive image-guided techniques to assist with surgical procedures. Procedures performed at Mermaid Beach Radiology include (but are not limited to):
- Back and spinal pain management injections
- Epidural / Facet joint injections
- Nerve root sleeve injections
- Radio-frequency Ablation (RFA) – Coming Soon
- Autologous blood injections
- Fine needle aspiration / Biopsies
- Breast Implant Extracapsular Fluid Drainage
- Pleural Fluid Drainage (Pleural Tap)
- Abdominal Fluid Aspiration
- Lumbar Puncture
- Vascular Access
- Platelet Rich / Platelet Poor Autologous Injections
Before an Interventional Procedure or Biopsy?
If you are to have a procedure done on your neck, chest, abdomen or pelvis please fast for 4 hours prior to your procedure.